Wednesday, September 3, 2008

SCC OR MK GET TOGETHER HOW LONG?

Well, there is a new post on another blog and it has a quote that it takes this consultant like 5 to 21 hours to do a SCC or a MK get together. Well my question is how long does it take you? I think that my average class takes about 2 hours from start to finish. I am not understanding how it could take someone 21 hours to do a class. I just don't understand it.

I know that there are things in any business that you don't get paid for however if you want your business to work you have to do these things. It is not just in MK it is in any business that you work. If I counted all the hours I did at my shop shoot I would be working 20 hours a day. Really this is silly I know I just want the average of each person and how long it takes.

Have a GREAT DAY

1 comment:

Shades of Pink said...

My total time is probably 3-4 hours. My appointments generally take 90 minutes to 2 hrs. If it's one on one it's usually an hour to an hour and a half. Classes are typically 2 hours. I count the time of the demo as the class/facial. Many times I am there awhile because, whodathunk, people like me! So we chit chat. I did a class one time and I was packing up and the ladies were like, oh you can't leave yet! You have to stay and eat dinner with us! It was great. I love the relationships I have built with my business. Besides, I don't want to be the stuffy saleslady who just comes in to make a fast buck and be on my merry way. You want to build rapport.
I certainly don't included my drive time, getting dressed/made up time, or putting stuff away at home time in my total time. That is just silly. I drive 30 miles one way to work. It can take me an hour or more to get there if traffic is bad. Do I get paid for that? NO! If anything, I get DOCKED for being LATE.